I bought a 1984 Eldorado convertible a few years from a dealer friend.They don't use Carfax and i bought the car based on my examination of the car.
I am convinced based on the total condition of the car that the odometer reading of 34,000 miles is accurate. I tried to sell the car and we agreed on a price of $12,500. Buyer ran a Carfax and it showed that the car had 105,000 miles years ago. It also reported that the car was green in color at that time.
The car still has the factory blue color on it, and there is no way that the car has 139,000 miles on it. It is too good of an unrestored shape. That sale fell through and I'm not accepting a price of $5,500 for the car. I have no recourse against Carfax.
I've talked to other car collectors and have heard plenty of similar stories. I'm sure that someone in the past saw 05000 on the 5 digit odometer and just assumed that it had turned over. This is a nice collector car that has been driven very little.
Carfax is bad news.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 1984 Eldorado
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "First I must say that out dealer in Akron, General RV, has been considerate and helpful . As far as the Mirada by Coachman of Forest River Inc. goes, it..."
- "First off, I am calling B.S. on many of these reviews that all seem to have been written by the same, uneducated, illiterate troll with an obvious agenda. The..."
- "Subaru seems to randomly cover or not cover engines in the STi model that break piston ringlands. I had to get quite hostile to finally get reimbursed for my..."
- "Nar Mar Construction Company, Inc - Formerly McAnally Construction Company and MCC & Associates Inc. of Rockwall, TX owned by Shannon McAnally, Megan McAnally, John McAnally, Keith McAnally, Cindy McAnally,..."
- "In august of 2015 installed replacement airbags new shocks and the air compressor on my 01 towncar. Thw warranty was very limited and our system was collapsed but was sure..."
- "Horrible customer service, don't buy here, save yourselfs some grieve. After being told to take the machine apart, see where the leak was coming from, take pictures, video, then they..."
- "I ORDERED A SIDE TABLE ONLINE FROM TARGET.COM. WHEN IT ARRIVED, THERE WAS A STRONG CHEMICAL SMELL I THOUGH WAS FROM THE VARNISH AND THAT IT WOULS DISSIPATE. ..."
- "Purchased 2 Yamaha jet ski covers from BoatCover.com. First they were on backorder so I finally got them 17 days later after I had left the lake to winterize my..."
- "I've had similar issues as other complaints - fees at "free" atms, many denied transactions, but not once have I been able to get through to a real person in..."