Carfax - Inaccurate odometer report

I bought a 1984 Eldorado convertible a few years from a dealer friend.They don't use Carfax and i bought the car based on my examination of the car.

I am convinced based on the total condition of the car that the odometer reading of 34,000 miles is accurate. I tried to sell the car and we agreed on a price of $12,500. Buyer ran a Carfax and it showed that the car had 105,000 miles years ago. It also reported that the car was green in color at that time.

The car still has the factory blue color on it, and there is no way that the car has 139,000 miles on it. It is too good of an unrestored shape. That sale fell through and I'm not accepting a price of $5,500 for the car. I have no recourse against Carfax.

I've talked to other car collectors and have heard plenty of similar stories. I'm sure that someone in the past saw 05000 on the 5 digit odometer and just assumed that it had turned over. This is a nice collector car that has been driven very little.

Carfax is bad news.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Carfax. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Carfax.
Filing a new complaint about