I bought a 1984 Eldorado convertible a few years from a dealer friend.They don't use Carfax and i bought the car based on my examination of the car.
I am convinced based on the total condition of the car that the odometer reading of 34,000 miles is accurate. I tried to sell the car and we agreed on a price of $12,500. Buyer ran a Carfax and it showed that the car had 105,000 miles years ago. It also reported that the car was green in color at that time.
The car still has the factory blue color on it, and there is no way that the car has 139,000 miles on it. It is too good of an unrestored shape. That sale fell through and I'm not accepting a price of $5,500 for the car. I have no recourse against Carfax.
I've talked to other car collectors and have heard plenty of similar stories. I'm sure that someone in the past saw 05000 on the 5 digit odometer and just assumed that it had turned over. This is a nice collector car that has been driven very little.
Carfax is bad news.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 1984 Eldorado
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Do not buy from Cactus Jacks in Mesa, Az. I bought a 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix and didn't even get it home before the problems started. I had..."
- "Bob promises you the "Nicest Restored TDI on the planet!" from this hokey shop in Bellingham staffed by kids and amateurs. Six months after the initial payment for a..."
- "Subaru seems to randomly cover or not cover engines in the STi model that break piston ringlands. I had to get quite hostile to finally get reimbursed for my..."
- "I've had similar issues as other complaints - fees at "free" atms, many denied transactions, but not once have I been able to get through to a real person in..."
- "I was extremely disappointed with the whole experience. First of all I wanted the flowers delivered on the 11th before 1pm and they were delivered on the 10th. Second, flowers..."
- "we brought a rocker recliner, a mattress set big big mistake. big rip you off. if you go buy any of there junk , you are nuts. rocker would fall..."
- "I had to send a package overnight which contained Professional Cinema Camera Drives which she allowed me to take home so I could download the footage we shot that day...."
- "Bought it. Loved it. It fit perfectly and was one of my favorite pieces. I followed care instructions precisely and it shrank dramatically. Dressbarn won't refund/credit me for it or..."
- "So I've had State Farm for 32 years. My daughter turned 16 about a year ago and we put her on our insurance. Her insurance rate was nearly 5x..."