Los Angeles, California
2.5K views 47 comments

I sued CarFax in Riverside CA Superior Court for posting several erroneous reports including the "One Owner" report I relied on when I bought a "termite infested" Cadillac STS.It turns out there were 4 or more owners and never would have bought the car had I known that.

Prior to this, they posted a 3-4 owner report they changed to "One Owner" prior to my buying the car and relying on the Dealer's link to the report.

I have a default judgment against the dealer but waiting for CarFax's answer I gave their attorney an extension on to 11/14.

Anybody out there want a piece of this?Could be worth some real money damages.

Review about: Carfax Report.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $5
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Carfax?

Comments

Dan

I live in the south FL and GA.I bought a one owner Lexus LS 430 one owner bought and serviced same dealer, no accidents in FL.

Bought previous LS' in GA.

Offered $2k less on trade in due to accident by original owner. Carfax shows one line one word "accident" bottom p2/5 and on top of page 3/5 damage. Next records 3 standard reregistrations then dealer inventory then sold which was me.

Interestingly, service at GA Lexus dealer then an accident frontal impact no airbag deployment in FL then 2 more services at GA Lexus dealer when car not in FL.

Shocked, disgusted out $4k.

Called Lexus Financial said reimburse $2k now got call from them that won't compensate me!

Glad got financing BMW financial.Didnt get another Lexus from dealer in GA

Geri
Lynwood, California, United States #1310682

What was the outcome with carfax. Just went to trade car in, when i purchased no acvidents go to trade in 3 years later show an acvident before I purchased. Didnt get value when i traded in due to acvident.

Alex
Los Angeles, California, United States #1211721

How can I find a lawyer to sue Carfax ? I bought a 2015 Tahoe from the auction , to resale to a dealer ship , after I finish fixing the Truck , i invested more than 7 thousand dollar on the truck , the MMR on the truck its $39,000. I took the truck to resale it to a dealership to find out the Carfax reported a salvage title a total lost , in had to sale it on the spot about $10,000 below the MMR, just to get my money back ,

I purchased a car in Sept.2103 that showed 1 minor accident, in December 2013 CAR FAX reported a second accident that occurred on April,2013 8 months after the incident. I know have a problem selling my car for it's actual value. Now what to do???

Id like to join....my truck was pulling a trailer and the trailer came off the hitch.The trailer then hit a tree, never touching my truck.

Car fax reports truck hit tree and nobody will touch it now even though there was not one bit of damage.

Tried several times to contact car fax with no responses.This is bull ***

Please call me at 816 282 2100 asap Donald Leger

yes I have same issue got all proof from repair shop and insurance company 3479949404 my cell. carfax is a ***

No Trade for Us
Palm Coast, Florida, United States #942057

I am having the same issue dealing with Carfax.They state that our 335i BMW sustained Structural Damage despite the fact that both BMW repair facility and Farmers insurance have submitted letters to Carfax stating no structural damage occurred.

If I can find a dealership to take this into trade they will only give us about 70% what the car is worth.

Carfax is responsible for thousands of dollar of damages to us..Yes I would love to join a class action suit against Carfax...

Baby Shaq
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States #919785

I Had a similar issue.I went to trade in my vehicle and CARFAX had a comment which essentially said that there was structural damage and the frame needed to be checked by a professional.

I did have an accident but there was no frame damaged. I called my insurance company and they sent over all of my repair invoices and there was definitely no frame damage.

They could only offer me 2k on my trade because of it.So yes I want to sue.

ematalka
Birmingham, Alabama, United States #903537

I had the same issue , I am willing to join in a class action

205-370-2947 cell phone