Being not experienced buyer I ordered Carfax report after I made security deposit of $500 in Queens Auto Mall , NY to buy Ford Focus of my choice.Actual odometer reading was 94,747 at the time,however I found in Carfax and Autocheck records 111,622 reported on title and 94,747 two months later at auction which was obvious rollback immediately detected by both Carfax and Autocheck reports.I rejected to buy the car because of this fraud and dealer asked me to think again and promised to erase this record tomorrow.

To my surprise hi did !

Instead of this record I found note "report purchaser asked to verify the odometer reading...Carfax may update the report based on research results".Nothing changed however during 1 mo of this service I paid for.Later I received copy of Certificate of title from the issuer that confirmed mileage of 111,622.However I was able to recover only 25% of my deposit in small claim court.How could I rely on their records if they are so easily manipulated in the interest of seller ?

Had an Experience with Carfax?

Comments

Merritt Island, Florida, United States #610277

The two reporting car information companies make many mistakes and are usually a joke! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(