Interest Rate
Turnaround Time

CARFAX reported that there was structural damage done to my vehicle from an accident. This is completely false information as there was zero damage to the frame or unibody of my vehicle yet they still incorrectly reported this as an issue with my vehicle.

I did not know until last week when it was pointed out to me by someone interested in my car. I have been trying to sell this vehicle for over a month unaware that CARFAX had done this and consequently I have lowered the price of my vehicle by $3k because I was getting very little responses which I blame on CARFAX incorrectly listing damages to my vehicle. I will lose $3k from selling my vehicle which is how much below the value Edmonds and Kelly Blue Books suggests the car is worth based on the features and condition of my vehicle. I have sent them several emails, called and tried to get help via chat and they have never responded.

They report false information and when the I repeatedly tried to contact them to get that information corrected with documentation including a letter from the repair facility, a complete report of the work done that does not show any frame or unibody damages, photos of the damage to my vehicle and a police report the still will not respond.

If you have this happen to you take them to small claims court and you will win if you can provide the proper documentation. It is a fairly simple process to file your complaint with your local county court and very inexpensive as well.

Review about: Carfax Vehicle History Report.

Preferred solution: Correct false information on CARFAX report.

I didn't like: Report false information about damages to vehicles.

Comments