Featured Not resolved
Interest Rate
Style and Design
Turnaround Time

Carfax inserted a record two months ago, 7/2017: "Damage reported: structurally damaged" on my car about an event they say happened on 9/9/2015. My car has even the paint protection on it intact.

They don't listen and don't want to disclose where they got the information hiding behind the "confidentiality". My car is a car not safe to drive which I have been using without any issue, and they are telling me that the repair was made 2 years ago related to their record and they don't care. They say "Please note that the damage was in September of 2015 so the repairs were likely made in the past 2 years which would be why they are not found by inspection now." They can also know the details of the current condition of my car now.

A structurally damaged car is much better after 2 years, being repaired by human hand in such a humid environment, wow. The picture of my car is attached

Review about: Carfax Vehicle History Report.

I didn't like: Incorrect facts, Incorrect information, Irresponsible, Not negotiable, Doesnt care customer.

Comments

You're omitting something from the story.

How long have you owned the car ?

Was it, in fact, damaged ?

Have you provided a written complaint via certified mail return receipt requested?

No more calls or e-mails. *** the gloves and get writing.

Be polite, be specific.

Furnish a complete, true rendition of your story. Do not embellish, emote, or otherwise stray from your path.

State a 7 working day response window before taking further action. They can't ignore Certified Mail.

to Smitty #1373139

Thanks for your suggestion I cannot be very specific because the car was not under my ownership at that time. I owned the car after May 2016, this event record is dated Sept 2015 and the record insertion date is Jul 2017.

The record is inserted for an "event"? two years back.

While owning the car for 2 years I have seen neither any deterioration nor any problem. Under the hood there is no damage, no metals bent/painted, I dont know how can i be more specific when the record only says "structral damage reported: front, frontright". I am pretty confident that there is no damage on the car to my inspection, at least i can say the right and left fenders are exactly the same in terms of paint protection and internal bolts untouched, hood is untouched.

I dont know. The point is, it is hard to defend yourself when a mistake is obscure.

to Anonymous #1375219

Hi, I'm facing the same problem myself.

tmogulkoc
to Nitin #1375953

Hi,

Can you briefly desribe your situation, is there any progress, any clarification from the company?