Interest Rate

CARFAX started reporting damage to my Certified Pre-Owned BMW 4 1/2 YEARS after the supposed damage took place.After I lodged a complaint and asked who reported this damage that took place 4 1/2 YEARS later, they told me that they couldn't give me that information.

By the way, I've owned this vehicle for 3 years now. So, let me understand this...some dealer/body shop waited 4 1/2 YEARS to report this information OR made a mistake in providing this information to CARFAX, and they won't tell me who it is?!?! So, this 3rd party is costing me thousands of dollars, and they can do it under an umbrella of anonymity?!?!

That's ridiculous.My only hope is that CARFAX goes out of business soon, as their business practices and customer service are extremely poor.

Review about: Carfax Customer Care.

Had an Experience with Carfax?

Comments

Exact same thing just happened to me.Bought vehicle in 2011 with clean Carfax report.

Just traded it in yesterday to find that a Total Loss claim had been filed 4 years later - 2 years after I purchased it - with the loss event back-dated to 2009!

Appraiser said it had no frame damage, no dent/paint repair, no electrical failure, and no water damage.So how does one file a total loss claim on a vehicle with no loss?!?!

I took a $2000 kick in the shorts on my trade-in thanks to somebody's fraud.

If a loss claim is recorded on a vehicle after a sale, it should be required that the new owner is notified.

Carfax is a scam and cannot be trusted!